Thursday, September 25, 2008

Colorado Road Trip 2

Today we had a chance to see some of the things that are part of my childhood memories here in Loveland, Colorado.

I'll start with a story from a visit to see my grandma when I was around 5 years old. The railing I'm leaning on in the first image is especially important to me. I had a pole with string on the end and was pretending to fish over the side of the railing. However I could not see over the edge... so to see if I was catching "fish" I put my head through the rails and needless to say, I got stuck. My grandma said we should either call the fire department or cut my ears off, joking of course. I got a little scared and lets put it this way, I got myself out quick, but I will never forget that moment.

The house, in the first 2 images, is where my Aunt and Uncle live currently, it was built by my Grandpa and is the home where my Mom and 2 Aunts grew up. I have so many memories of this house and it is fantastic to see it again.

The other images are of "Loveland Lake", the "Sugar Factory", and a "Sculpture" in an incredible park with some of the most amazing bronze sculptures you will ever see.







Loveland, Colorado will always be a special place for me and I'm thrilled to have a chance to visit once again.

Tomorrow the trip continues to Moab, Utah and then back home. Look for more images from the trip next week. Cheers!